Celebrating National Children’s Dental Health Month
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month (CDHM). The Division of Oral Health wants to make you aware of some of our upcoming activities and challenge you to take part in spreading the oral health message!
Every February, EdVenture Children’s Museum sponsors “Take Heart and Smile” month with activities centered around oral health and heart health. Here is a list of the planned events for the month:
Tuesday, February 14, 2012, Family Night, (5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- “Fun and Games that lead to healthy teeth!” – DHEC’s Oral Health Division
- Free Dental Screenings – by Columbia Dental Society
Saturday, February 18, 2012:
- Heart dissections at Museum – USC Medical Students
- Colgate Bright Smiles Bright Futures Van (11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in front of museum)
- Heart Healthy/Oral Health Program in Bio-Investigations Lab (fluoride experiment and making toothpaste)
Saturday, February 25, 2012:
- Heart Healthy/Oral Health Program in Bio-Investigations Lab
In addition to these activities, the Columbia Marionette Theater is performing at schools across the state. Visit http://www.scdhec.sc.gov/health/mch/oral/puppet.htm for more information on the puppet show and how to sponsor one in your local area.
You can be involved in CDHM too!
- Volunteer at EdVenture (contact MK Jones for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Consider sponsoring the puppet show in your area.
- Donate your expertise and some toothbrushes to your local school or child care center.
Tell us how you’re getting involved this month to raise awareness for children’s dental health. Comment below!